Frisco Smarts Club Summer Enrichment Programs
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Art Bollywood Dancing Chess Children Critical Thinking Debate Foreign Language Frisco Summer Camp Kids Yoga Math Music Musical Drama Preschool Problem Solving Public Speaking Reading Robotics SAT Prep Social Skills Speech Spelling Bee STAAR Summer Camp summer camp activities summer camp activities for kids summer camps in frisco summer day camp Summer Program summer programs summer programs for kids Tournament Tutoring Uncategorized Vocabulary Writing
Smarts Club Education and Enrichment of Frisco has been making kids smarter since 2010. We go the extra mile to develop programs that are both beneficial to and enjoyable for your child, including a multitude of enrichment programs for your child, all available during our 2016 Summer Camp.
Frisco Chess Club by Smarts Club Education and Enrichment
Chess develops your child’s reading and math ability, improves critical and analytic thinking skills, and builds character and self-esteem. math problems. Smarts Club of Frisco offers Chess classes taught by experienced Chess instructors with USCF rating of over 2000.
IT’S YOUR MOVE! Sign-up for Classes and Tournaments
Robotics: Young Engineers Club
What is Young Engineers Club? Young Engineers club is an initiative by SMARTS Club which encourages kids’ participation in STEM and Robotics. After School programs offer both additional time and the opportunity to diversify the ways that students experience STEM learning. After School programs complement and supplement school-day learning and are well-positioned to engage and motivate participants. By offering innovative hands-on, project-based learning, STEM fields come alive for youth.
Delivering STEM Education Through Robotics
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math based education for kids. Schools can’t tackle this issue by themselves. Nearly 80% of future careers will require some STEM skills. A stimulating STEM education is essential for developing the analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills central to academic achievement and workforce readiness in the 21st century.
Benefits of STEM Education
- Think creatively to make a working model
- Develop vocabulary and communication skills to explain how the model works
- Establish links between cause and effect
- Reflect on how to find answers and imagine new possibilities
- Brainstorm ideas and endeavor to bring some of them to fruition
- Make fair tests by changing one factor and observing or measuring the effect
- Make systematic observations and measurements
- Display and communicate data using tables
- Follow 2D drawings to build a 3D model
- Think logically and create a program to produce a specific behavior
- Write and present creative stories using models for visual and dramatic effects
As a teacher I have seen kids being reticent and hesitant about going onstage or stand in front of a group. Lack of confidence and fear of judgment lead to kids shying away from public speaking and can even hurt their socialization skills. By introducing children to public speaking at a young age, Frisco’s Smarts Club trains children to use the necessary tools that achieve success in boldly entering into the colleges of their choice as well as in gaining employment in their chosen field.
Leadership for Life Public Speaking & Debate can assist with:
- Removing stage fright – practice that removes self-doubt and nervousness
- Developing planning skills – building a platform, despite the way our brains develop
- Build confidence – gaining self-worth through the attention of an audience
- Power to persuade – learning to appropriately voice & support opinions
- Being a leader – adopting the power of oration lie great leaders
Additional Enrichment Courses
Smarts Club Education and Enrichment in Frisco also offers several other fun and engaging summer courses that challenge and enrich young lives, including foreign language (Spanish & French), Young Readers’ Club, Young Authors’ Club, Drama, Mental Math, and more. Be sure to check out our academic courses, as well, including next grade bridge curriculum, test prep (GT, ITBS, STAAR, SAT, and more), and CBE (credit by exam) tutoring subject.
SIGN UP TODAY AND SAVE! Find out more about opportunities for discounts on Frisco Smarts Club Frisco Summer Camps