Build a solid foundation Step By Step STEaM at SMARTS
Did you know that sites like YouTube, Instagram, and Dropbox are coded in Python?
This is one of many high-quality STEaM camps offered this summer that can help your child impact the world!
Valuable Learning Opportunities
1. Critical Thinking Skills: Learning to code improves your logic as a whole and start thinking like a professional programmer. You get to know the inside and outs of how computer software is created from step one to distribution.
2. Programming Terminology: By immersing yourself in computer programming, you will learn and pick up on terminology and computer vocabulary used by computer programmers. You will also learn key words and phrases that help you to improve your coding skills and know how.
3. Text-based Programming: By the end of this camp, not only will you learn the concept of how computers translate your codes into super cool programs, but also how this system is used in many other popular languages such as Java on an international scale.
4. Strengthen Math Skills: Programming can improve your math skills. By coding your favorite programs, you will be exposed to the concepts of Set, Range, List, Positive/Negative, Integers/Double Numbers, and more!
5. Implementing Graphics: Programming would not be as fun if it was missing shapes and colors. Campers enhance their projects by learning how to code graphical elements. Campers can create their own game using a library used for Graphics in Python, which can then be distributed to family and friends!