Smarts Club Education and Enrichment of Frisco has been making kids smarter since 2010. We go the extra mile to develop programs that are both beneficial to and enjoyable for your child, including a multitude of enrichment programs for your child, all available during our 2019 Summer Camp.
Frisco Chess Club by Smarts Club Education and Enrichment
Chess develops your child’s reading and math ability, improves critical and analytic thinking skills, and builds character and self-esteem. math problems. Smarts Club of Frisco offers Chess classes taught by experienced Chess instructors with USCF rating of over 2000.
IT’S YOUR MOVE! Sign-up for Classes and Tournaments
Robotics: Young Engineers Club
What is Young Engineers Club? Young Engineers club is an initiative by SMARTS Club which encourages kids’ participation in STEM and Robotics. Frisco After School Care programs offers both additional time and the opportunity to diversify the ways that students experience STEM learning. After School care programs complement and supplement school-day learning and are well-positioned to engage and motivate participants. By offering innovative hands-on, project-based learning, STEM fields come alive for youth.
Delivering STEM Education Through Robotics
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math based education for kids. Schools can’t tackle this issue by themselves. Nearly 80% of future careers will require some STEM skills. A stimulating STEM education is essential for developing the analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills central to academic achievement and workforce readiness in the 21st century.
Benefits of STEM Education
- Think creatively to make a working model
- Develop vocabulary and communication skills to explain how the model works
- Establish links between cause and effect
- Reflect on how to find answers and imagine new possibilities
- Brainstorm ideas and endeavor to bring some of them to fruition
- Make fair tests by changing one factor and observing or measuring the effect
- Make systematic observations and measurements
- Display and communicate data using tables
- Follow 2D drawings to build a 3D model
- Think logically and create a program to produce a specific behavior
- Write and present creative stories using models for visual and dramatic effects