SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CURRICULUM
SAT TEST PREP – CBE (CREDIT BY EXAM) TEST PREP
SMARTS Club strives to be the best educational institute serving students at both ends of academic skill spectrum from challenged to advanced students. We pride ourselves in improving the study skills of the students and making them successful academically as well as helping with their overall development. Our programs have been developed by Dr. Meenakshi Singh who has extensive experience in the field of education and child development. Dr. Singh’s programs provide a holistic approach to learning with structured activities to energize the brain as well as the body.
Here are top five reasons why you may consider enrolling your child in one or more programs at SMARTS Club:
1. Train rather than tutor SMARTS Club is a better solution than tutoring. Tutoring is often a band-aid solution that may treat specific symptoms of a learning struggle, but does little to correct the root cause. Unless this root cause is addressed, the learning struggles repeat themselves. We have developed diagnostics tests that help us identify what causes the struggle. This in turn helps us develop customized training to strengthen the skills that your child needs to learn better and be successful.
2. Cognitive skills rule Major portions of our life are spent and dependent on Cognitive skills from analyzing a complex data sheet to playing monopoly. It is important that a student is able to comprehend, analyze and infer based on his or her knowledge in all subjects and everyday life. We emphasize on reinforcing and building those cognitive skills in students step by step.
3. Importance of strategies An old proverb says that if you give a fish to the hungry they survive for a day but if you teach them how to fish they become independent and never go hungry. We teach strategies of problem solving and the logic behind every concept is taught to give better understanding. There is a special hands-on approach to every subject so kids can relate and apply what they study from the books.
4. Integrated Mindful Yoga We stretch the young bodies with Kids Yoga to make the brains smart: mindful yoga is integrated in teaching kids reading, phonics, science and critical thinking . It is very important to teach kids to unwind their ‘wired minds’ from technology and take the pressure off their shoulders. This helps young kids to focus and be more attentive in school as well as sports. We have special SMARTS Yoga program developed for kids with behavioral issues or special needs. We use multisensory props to help kids build necessary skills while having fun.
5. Whole Brain Learning We encourage creativity and thinking out of the box in kids by offering premier enrichment services for your child, these include academic as well as other activities that support the overall development for your child. We offer a variety of programs which appeal to the left brain learners as well as the right brainers.
SMARTS Club also provides training for and holds various competitions including spelling and geography bees, math and science leagues and Chess Tournaments to challenge our kids. SMARTS Club organizes, sponsors and contributes to various science fairs, field days and many other events at the local ISD’s, public libraries and other venues.
Based on the testimonials from parents and results achieved thus far, we believe we have a winning formula and our programs help build confidence in your child to meet and surpass your highest expectations for their overall success!