Funtastic 4th – Fun Activities for your child!
- Category: After School care After School care programs After School Program Chess Frisco After school care Frisco After School care programs Frisco Math Tutoring Frisco Math Tutoring Center Frisco Math Tutoring Programs Frisco Math Tutors frisco reading tutoring frisco reading tutors Frisco Science Tutoring Frisco Science Tutors GT Prep Steam Camps Tournament Tutoring Tutors
July 4th is the time we can teach our kids about the importance of Independence Day and also a good time during the summer vacation to get kids involved in creative activities. Our independence day celebrations include fireworks display all over the country and it is the best of summer – picnics, barbecue, fireworks and family fun. We have a few amazingly easy craft projects for kids to make for 4th of July and show off their creative skills. Kids would certainly have a blast making them and wearing Firework T-shirts with Star and Striped fans when hot. Enjoy and Fantastic Fourth to all!
- Plain T-shirt
- Glittery fabric paint
- Paper plate
- Pipe cleaner
- Start by placing a few sheets of newspaper inside a plain T-shirt.
- Pour one or more colors of glittery fabric paint onto a paper plate.
- Create a stamp (for each color paint) to print fireworks: arrange four pipe cleaners in a bunch, pinch the center, then bend all eight ends over your thumb and twist them together a few times, forming a loop. Spread apart the ends and bend up the tips, as shown.
- To use the stamp, dip it into the paint so that it’s evenly coated and press it firmly onto the fabric.
- Once you’ve finished your design, allow the paint to dry thoroughly, and refer to the paint manufacturer’s directions before laundering the shirt.
Star and Stripes Fans
- These stars-and-stripes fans are fun to wave while waiting on the sidelines for the parade to begin.
If you’re planning an Independence Day party, check out our other ideas for .
- Wooden paint stirrer
- 2 (8-inch) squares of card stock, one white and one blue, for each fan
- Red tape
- Sticker star
- Use glue to sandwich the top of a wooden paint stirrer between two 8-inch squares of card stock (one white and one blue).
- Apply strips of red tape to the white side and sticker stars to the blue side, and the fan is ready to wave.