Most teachers who have gone through training in the past decade have heard about the different learning styles that children have. Teachers are all taught to try their best to find a way to incorporate all styles of learning in their classroom. In the modern world where public school classrooms are sometimes filled with 30 or more children at a time, this is not always realistic. That’s why STEM enrichment and tutoring centers such as SMARTS Club are so important to communities. Our expertise and small class sizes means no students get left behind.
What Are the 7 Learning Styles?
- Visual: Also often called spatial, visual learners need to see it in order for their brains to soak it in. Visuals such as maps, charts, diagrams and pictures help their brains process new information by forming a complete picture in their mind.
- Aural: This type of learner uses sounds and music to help the learn either directly or indirectly.
- Verbal: This is the linguistic side of things. These learners process what they hear from the world around them; specifically, words. Lectures and note taking are great for these types of learners.
- Physical: Physical learners are also known as kinesthetic because they use their bodies to learn. Touching objects and working on a project with their hands helps them absorb new information.
- Logical: These learners run off of logical thinking and are great at mathematics and formulas.
- Social: Social learners are the kind that get more out of being with a classroom full of people who work as a team. They enjoy talking through problems and solutions with their peers.
- Solitary: Solitary or intrapersonal learners are those that self-study well and much prefer to work alone. Often these learners are seen as shy or non-participatory when really they just do better teaching themselves.
How Does SMARTS Club Teach to Every Learning Style?
Our philosophy is training, not teaching. Teaching is done in the traditional classroom. At SMARTS Club, we offer a different way of learning, which involves determining the learning style that fits the student and customizing our approach so that we train the student to interpret any style of teaching and wield it into their own preferred style. This achieves better results for life, creating an educational path that the student can follow through to a successful career.
About SMARTS Club
SMARTS Club is a small tutoring center in the sense that we are family-oriented and flexible. Our teachers are caring individuals who take the enriching of children seriously. Our flexible class schedules, sizes and environments allow for us to adjust to any type of learner that comes along. Pretests given before the very first tutoring sessions allow for us to know exactly what level a child is on and what type of learning style suits them best. We have resources that help us teach things in a hands-on manner, visually or even using a lecture and whiteboard. Some of our solitary learners even get to come in and relax, sitting wherever they wish to in the classroom and reading through the lesson and the work on their own while we are here as a partner in their learning.
Want to know more about your child’s learning style or schedule tutoring for your unique learner? Contact us today.